Welcome to the inaugural post of my new painting blog! My painting activities have accelerated the last couple of months to the point where it’s no longer practical to keep emailing my friends with news of shows, my fellow painters with tips and links, and interested collectors with a first look at new paintings. So I’ve created this blog to help by gathering all that information in one easy place. I hope you will find something interesting, instructive or amusing in my journal, will return often and hopefully become a subscriber (link on the right column). I’ll try to keep the posts instructive and brief.
Let’s start with a look back at the highlights of June, which proved to be an eventful month!
- I was granted signature membership status by the Colorado Watercolor Society! This allows me to add CWS to my signature. Signature membership is given to members who have had their work selected into at least three CWS juried shows and is an index to the quality of the artist’s work.
- My painting “Boulder Café” received an award at the Boulder Art Association/Longmont Artists’ Guild 2009 Member Show.
- The Colorado Watercolor Society featured an article on me in the June issue of their newsletter Collage. You can click here to check it out: Collage, June issue
- My painting “Afternoon Shadows” was selected for the Pikes Peak 2009 International Show in
- The Boulder Art Association invited me to exhibit alongside four other artists at the Millennium Hotel in
, from July to September. Boulder
- The Boulder Outdoor Theater selected images of five of my paintings for projection during their 4th of July inaugural movie festival.
Thank you! Please check back in a few days for the next post!