Welcome! This online journal will share my news of new paintings and upcoming exhibits, tips and notes with friends, collectors and other artists. Please visit often and enjoy!

Copyright notice: Photos and artwork images herein are property of the artist; no reproductions allowed without written consent.

Coming soon to this page:

- Latest sketches

Sunday, August 9, 2009

Plein air from Paonia, Colorado

Morning in Paonia, 11x15 (detail)

We have just arrived from a weekend trip to Paonia, Colorado, to attend a wedding. Paonia is small town in a beautiful valley, full of wineries and peach orchards, the perfect location for the festivities. The schedule was full of events with the bride and groom, their families and guests, but I managed to sneak out for a couple of hours, and paint a quick study. I love working on site, even if only to make a sketch, and I bring my sketch book and some painting gear whenever I travel, in the hope I will find the time to paint.

No comments:

Post a Comment