Welcome! This online journal will share my news of new paintings and upcoming exhibits, tips and notes with friends, collectors and other artists. Please visit often and enjoy!

Copyright notice: Photos and artwork images herein are property of the artist; no reproductions allowed without written consent.

Coming soon to this page:

- Latest sketches

Monday, September 7, 2009

Plein air at Golden Ponds, Longmont

The Boulder Plein Air group came to paint in my town last week, and I joined them to paint at Golden Ponds. While the place offers wonderful views of the mountains, I decided to turn to a more "intimate" scene for this, my first watercolor on hot press paper. I painted directly, without a pencil sketch, with abandon, which was quite fun.

Golden Ponds, watercolor on Fabriano HP paper, 15x11 inches

No comments:

Post a Comment